søndag 22. juni 2008

Farewell for now, Kenya...

I made it safely back to Norway a few days ago, and from now on I believe my blog will be a little less exciting than before, but here is an update from my wonderful last week in Kenya.I was happy for the opportunity to go to Lamu with Marianne for a few days just before leaving the country! The Swahili style place we stayed at in Shella was perfect for the rainy and sunny days, as we could sunbathe on the roof terrace and quickly get shelter under the open roof on the other half of the terrace when it started pouring down. Which it often did.. But we still had enough sun to get a little sunburned. Great house, great view and great service! Breakfast with fresh fruits, omeletts, pancakes, and the best coffee was brought up every morning.Daily afternoon half hour walks into Lamu town to different restaurants and tasty fish dinners gave us some exercise, and a couple of trips to the beach on the other side of Shella was also good, if we could avoid the strong winds and the whisking sand... Except from flocks of donkeys passing we had the beach all by ourselves. Four very relaxing days with a lot of reading and sunbathing. And - fruit juices in Lamu are the best!!
Then, back in Nairobi on Thursday I was happy that my friends Brenton, Jessie, Kasy, and Jess were willing to meet for a last lunch at Habesha, and spend some time eating cake in my empty house afterwards. Thank you for making my last day good!

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

karibu Norway og så håper jeg du får en god inngang i norsk kultur igjen. reidun

Anonym sa...

nå gleder vi oss til å se deg, astrid! - Vi er jo nesten naboer :)